All the nutritional benefits of sweet potatoes with all taste of mac and cheese—could you ask for more? Try this Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese recipe tonight!
- ½ stick butter
- 2 c sweet potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 c milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 8 oz. grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni noodles according to the package’s directions.
- Meanwhile, add butter, sweet potato, milk, salt and pepper to a saucepan on medium heat. Allow mixture to thicken enough to coat the back of spoon.
- Mix cheese into sweet potato mixture and stir until melted.
- Add cooked macaroni noodles to the sweet potato mixture and stir until noodles are coated with sauce. Serve.
Source: Recipe reposted with permission from Julie Lanford MPH, RD, CSO, LDN at Cancer Dietitian. Find more delicious recipes and nutrition information on www.CancerDietitian.com.