Cancer changes your nutritional needs and often the way your body processes food. Eating well during, and after cancer treatment can help you feel better, maintain your strength, avoid treatment delays, and speed your recovery.
Patients and their caregivers of all cancer types may receive a free one-on-one phone consultation with our registered dietitian who has expertise in oncology nutrition.
To Schedule by Phone
If you would prefer to schedule by phone, call us at 877-467-1936.
What to Expect from a Nutrition Consultation
Consultations last approximately 30 minutes. By speaking to a registered dietitian, you can learn
- Strategies to improve nutrition and side effects
- Tips for meal planning and grocery shopping
- How to care for a loved one during cancer treatment
- Answers to your nutrition questions
- Questions to ask your healthcare team
- Additional nutrition resources online and in your area
The nutrition consultations are intended for general educational purposes. Due to the nature of the consults, these services are not available.
- Recommendations for dietary supplements and herbal preparations
- Prescription diet orders or restrictive diets
- Nutrition therapy by tube or IV
- Free meal delivery
How to Get the Most Out of Your Consultation
At a scheduled date and time, the dietitian will call you at the phone number you provide. Have a pen and paper ready to take notes. First, the dietitian will ask you questions about your current food habits. The dietitian will then offer personalized strategies and tips to improve your nutrition and answer your nutrition questions. Consultations last 30 minutes. You can also communicate with the dietitian via email.