Healthcare professionals may refer any cancer patient or caregiver to PearlPoint for a nutrition consultation regardless of cancer type, location, or treatment facility. Consultations are
- One-on-one with a registered dietitian who has expertise in oncology nutrition
- Conducted by phone or email at a scheduled date and time.
What is included in a nutrition consultation?
A consult may include any combination of the following:
- Strategies to improve nutrition and manage side effects
- Tips for meal planning and grocery shopping
- Answers to questions about nutrition
- Guidance about how to care for a loved one during cancer treatment
- Questions for the patient to ask his/her healthcare team
- Additional online and local nutrition resources
What is NOT included in a nutrition consultation?
The nutrition consultations are intended for general educational purposes. Due to the nature of the consults, some services are not available.
- Recommendations for dietary supplements and herbal preparations
- Prescription diet orders or restrictive diets
- Nutrition therapy by tube or IV
- Free meal delivery
To refer a patient or caregiver, please fill out our online referral form. Once PearlPoint receives your referral, we will reach out to the patient or caregiver to schedule a nutrition consultation.