Make this recipe ahead of time for a quick, healthy, delicious lunch! This dish is a great source of protein and vitamin C. The mandarin oranges and raisins add just the right amount of sweetness to this version of curried chicken salad.
This recipe is brought to you from the American Cancer Society cookbook Celebrate! Healthy Entertaining for Any Occasion.
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 15-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained well
- 4 scallions, chopped finely
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons sweetened, flaked coconut, divided
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 24 whole-wheat crackers or your choice of bread
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Scatter onion slices on the bottom of a medium baking dish. Place chicken in baking dish and sprinkle with curry and garlic salt. Pour orange juice around chicken.
Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Cool, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
In a medium bowl, mix chicken, oranges, scallions, raisins, and 1 tablespoon of coconut. Stir in mayonnaise.
Transfer to serving bowl and top with remaining coconut. Serve with whole-wheat crackers, pita bread, whole wheat bread, or on top of salad greens!
Approximate per serving: 300 calories; 7 grams of fat.