Cranberries are full of antioxidants, a good source of vitamin C, fiber, and an essential mineral, manganese. Check out this recipe to get your plate in cancer-fighting shape this holiday season.
- Prep: 20 min. Bake: 70 min. + cooling
- Yield: 32 Servings
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Spoon into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.Yield:2 loaves (16 slices each).
Recipe from Taste of Home.
|Blog Author: Jen Hartman, RD, LND|