Recipe reposted with permission from Cook for Your Life
These perfect gluten-free pancakes are great for those that are gluten or dairy intolerant. A food allergy shouldn’t keep you from indulging in a comforting yet special weekend breakfast. If you are dairy intolerant use cooking spray or coconut oil for the pan.
Servings: 4, Prep time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups mixed berries
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small pot over medium low heat, combine berries, brown sugar and ¼ cup water. Stir and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes or until berries begin to break down.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, eggs, coconut milk, water and shredded coconut. Add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick sauté pan over medium heat and add butter. Working in batches, portion batter into pan for desired size pancakes. Cook until bubbles start to form along edge. Once this happens, flip pancakes.
- Serve topped with berry syrup.
Lily Mcclure, Drexel Food Lab
Saturated Fat: 29g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
Monounsaturated Fat: 9g
For more recipes like this one organized by stage of treatment and dietary needs and for instructional cooking videos, visit Cook for Your Life.