This Chicken and Stir Fry Asian Vegetables Recipe from Chef Don McMilian is bursting with bright flavors. Try this recipe as a fresh, healthier alternative to your regular takeout.
- 2 T hoisin sauce
- 1 T soy sauce
- ½ t cornstarch
- 1 lb boneless chicken cut into fork size strips
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into strips
- 1 medium onion cut into julienne strips
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 1½ cup red bell peppers cut into julienne strips
- 3 whole green onions chopped
- 2 t dark sesame oil
- 2 T salad oil
- 2 t fresh ginger grated
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- Combine first 3 ingredients into a small bowl and set aside
- Combine the 2 oils
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat ½ the oil in a wok or large saute pan over high heat. Add ginger, salt and garlic and stir fry for 30seconds.
- Add bell pepper, carrots and onions and stir fry for 3 minutes, set aside.
- Add the remainder of the oil and saute the chicken until meat is firm and color changes to white.
- Add hoisin sauce mixture and stir fry 1 – 2 minutes or until thick.
- Add vegetables and cook until they are crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat and top with cilantro and green onions.
Source: Recipe reposted with permission from Julie Lanford MPH, RD, CSO, LDN at Cancer Dietitian. Find more delicious recipes and nutrition information on www.CancerDietitian.com.