For a refreshing salad that includes both fresh veggies and fruit, try this Broccoli Apple Salad Recipe from Chef Melena and Cancer Dietitian.
- 2 heads of broccoli (cut into florets)
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- Half of one red onion, sliced
- 2 apples, diced
- ½ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp honey or sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large bowl, combine broccoli, carrots, red onion, apple, pecans, and dried cranberries.
- Whisk together greek yogurt, lemon juice, honey (or sugar), salt and pepper in separate bowl.
- Add to broccoli mixture.
- Toss to coat.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Source: Recipe reposted with permission from Julie Lanford MPH, RD, CSO, LDN at Cancer Dietitian. Find more delicious recipes and nutrition information on www.CancerDietitian.com.