Supportive Services for Your Cancer Journey
Are you experiencing any emotional or practical issues on your cancer journey? Whether you are fighting cancer, are a survivor, or are a caregiver of someone with cancer our cancer supportive services team has resources for you.
Among our cancer supportive services (CSS) team are licensed social workers who are members of the Association of Oncology Social Work. A licensed social worker has a bachelor’s degree, has gone on to complete a master’s degree from an accredited university, and has passed the social work boards to become licensed. Licensed social workers hold many different jobs and can go on to pursue a specialty in many different fields. They are trained to compassionately help and serve the needs of their clients.
The cancer supportive service professionals at PearlPoint Cancer Support are dedicated to helping anyone who has been impacted by cancer. There are many ways that CSS can help. Clients come to us with questions such as:
- How can I learn more about my cancer and treatment so I can communicate better with my medical team, my family, co-workers, and others about my diagnosis?
- Are there programs that provide financial assistance? What if I am uninsured?
- What if I do not have transportation to treatment or lodging while receiving treatment?
- I feel depressed and overwhelmed. Where can I get support and information?
- How can I support my loved one who has cancer?
If you have these or any other concerns, know that you are not alone and there are professionals at PearlPoint who can help. We are available to help any adult facing cancer navigate the financial implications of a cancer diagnosis, as well as other treatment issues, side effects, and nutrition needs. If you or someone you know needs support, visit our library of resources at My PearlPoint or contact us today. We’re here to help.