This Black Bean Burger Recipe by Chef Malena Douthit is a perfect addition to your menus if you’re striving to make more plant-based food choices.
- 1 can black beans
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning, 1 tsp. Garlic powder, 1 tsp. Onion powder (or any seasoning blend to suit your taste!)
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ⅛ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Mash the black beans, zucchini, and carrots with a potato masher in a bowl.
- Add Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, ground flax, and cilantro to black bean mixture. Stir to combine.
- Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes to allow the ground flax to thicken the mixture.
- Form into small patties using an ice cream scoop or your hands and flatten into rounds.
- Turn your stove top to medium heat and spray a frying pan with your favorite cooking oil.
- Place burgers into the pan and cook on each side until crisp and golden brown.
Source: Recipe reposted with permission from Julie Lanford MPH, RD, CSO, LDN at Cancer Dietitian. Find more delicious recipes and nutrition information on www.CancerDietitian.com.