This combination of sweet corn, black beans, tomatoes, peppers,and limes is packed with flavor and nutrients! This delicious salad is great for a summer get-together as a side dish or dip. You could also mix in whole grain quinoa for a complete, balanced, high protein meal.
This recipe is from the American Cancer Society’s The Great American Eat Right Cookbook.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh, frozen, or canned no-salt-added corn, drained
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 red, yellow, or green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
In a bowl, combine black beans, corn, tomato, bell pepper, onion, and jalapeño. In a bowl, combine lime juice, oil, and cumin and drizzle over bean mixture. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with cilantro.
Per Serving: Calories: 125, Total Fat 2.5 g, Saturated Fat: 0.4 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Sodium: 80 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 20 g, Dietary Fiber: 7 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 6 g